So you just moved to Leander or Cedar “Park”. The weekend approaches, what to do?! Here are a few idears (no particular order) to get you started:
- Have a dog that likes other dogs…hit up the Cedar Bark Park (part of the larger Veteran’s Memorial Park) on New Hope just west of Lakeline/North of 1431. Free fun!
- Southwest Williamson County Regional Park in north east Cedar Park has a tons of options for outdoor fun. 800 acres of trails, courts, fields, splash parks, trains for kids, etc. Basically, it’s a bundle of joy for anyone wanting to be outside! Free fun!
- Garey Park is the new big park off 2243 east of Ronald Reagan (West Georgetown). This park is over 520 acres with splash pads, an equestrian arena, dog park, fishing ponds, 7+ miles of hiking & equestrian trails, pavilions, picnics shelters, etc. Entry Fee required.
- Brushy Creek Sports Park in Cedar Park on Brushy Creek Road just west of Parmer Lane is a huge complex of fields/courts. Whilst your kiddos practice and play, there are miles upon miles of EXCELLENT hiking & biking trails. Basketball courts. Skate park for those apt not to falling like me. Fishing along Brushy Creek is also a common practice as is kayaking. Free fun!
- Robin Bledsoe Park in Leander on Bagdad Road offers many courts, an exciting new circuit of cross training thingies, a splash pad, and a pool. Splash pad is free, pool has a small fee.
- If you want to stay inside and get wet (younger kiddos), the Splash Shack off of New Hope Road just east of Bagdad (behind High Point Fellowship) is a fun indoor micro water park with play structures. Year round with moderated temperatures. No sunscreen. Fees apply.
- Elizabeth Milburn Park (aka Milburn Park) has TONS of stuff to do…pools, splash pads, courts, baseball, community garden, BMX track, rock climbing, etc. The list goes on for nearly ever! Located off of Cypress Creek just west of Lakeline. Some fees will apply depending on your desire, but it’s very reasonable.
- Devine Lake Park just NW of Bagdad & Hero Way in Leander has fishing, bbq grills, non-motorized boating, hiking, a playscape, and trails. Great place to hang outside for a while. Free fun!
- Benbrook Ranch Park is a hidden gym in my opinion. 45+ acres of goodness. Playscapes, disc golf, an awesome skate park, batting cages, etc. Great place in a great location, Bagdad & Halsey in North Leander. Free fun!
- Sandy Creek Park is a 92 acre park in Southwest Leander off of Lime Creek Road and offers fishing, camping, swimming, hiking, and all that other fun stuff you can do on Lake Travis! Cash only fees apply.
Holler if you have questions about where else you may want to go, having grown up in this area, we can help point you in the right direction!